What information we collect
We collect and proceed the following information:
- Personal identification information
- Non-personal identification information
- Web browser cookies
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name and surname, email address, phone number, User’s ID in Internet messengers (Skype, etc.), name of the company which the User represents, job position in this company, User’s feedback. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
What are the legal bases for information processing?
We process information on the following legal bases:
- regarding personal identification information:
- User’s consent (when User agrees to send the personal information);
- our legitimate interest, namely offering Our services to the User or the company the User represents, negotiation and conclusion of respective contracts, and performance under such contracts;
- User’s consent;
- our legitimate interest, namely proper administration of our website.
How we use collected information
SCiO may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To offer Our services and products to the User or the company the User represents.
- To provide Our services and products to the User or the company the User represents.
- To fulfill legal obligations based on agreements or other arrangements with the User or the company the User represents.
- To manage and coordinate Our relationship with the User or the company the User represents.
- To personalize User experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how Our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback Users provide to improve Our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics We think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- For any other legitimate business purposes.
Information is collected only to the extent necessary for processing purposes.
What is the term for information storage?
SCiO stores the information collected within the following terms:
- personal identification information – 10 years after the User’s last inquiry (in case no contract was concluded after the respective inquiry), or 10 years after the last contract with User or with the company which the User represents, terminates;
- non-personal identification information and web browser cookies – 1 year after the respective information was collected.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission. We reserve the right to provide your personal information inside Our company.
The basic rights of User
The User has the following rights regarding information collected by Us:
- to request access to the information related to the User;
- to request rectification of the information related to the User;
- to request erasure of the information related to the User from Our database;
- to cancel (withdraw) User’s consent to the processing of the information related to the User;
- to request a restriction on the processing of the information related to the User;
- to request a transfer of the information related to the User to another controller;
- to object to the processing of information related to the User for direct marketing.
If We, upon the User’s request, erase information related to the User from Our database, We will keep only the information that may be necessary for protecting our legitimate interests or for public authorities. If the User requires Us to transfer information related to the User to another controller, rectify it or provide access to it, We may first require further information in order to verify User’s identity. If the User is of the opinion that his/her rights related to the protection of information related to the User were breached, the User may appeal to Us or submit a complaint to the relevant authority for the protection of personal data in the User’s respective country (the country of User’s residence).
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site and sharing your contact details with SCiO, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.